Monday, April 29, 2013

Anime Spring 2013 Thoughts and Speculations

The list is arranged alphabetically...
I'll be rating each airing anime with an
Excitement level out of 1- 10

Aku no Hana 2
This title seems to be in a lot of hot water over on the user end of things.  I find that it was pretty cool for them to take such a different approach in the art sort of manner.  The change can be described as a more realistic vibe to the anime.  Currently I am only 2 episodes in as I am not too fond of the animation itself so I have not givin it a top priority on my too watch list.  I have heard that the manga promises a good read, but looking at the anime so far, I'm not too interested.

Arata Kangatari 2
I have not taken a particular look at this anime at all.  So far I don't believe I can give it an honest opinion.  From the cover, this is my initial excitement level.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge 6
To be completely honest, I started this anime with very high hopes for it.  Although the concept of a main character who plays off having a darker side seemed intriguing at first it has cooled down to be quite boring to me.  The story is about a possession of cursed tools that had been used in the past for murder and malicious acts.  The male lead happens to have one of the weapons with a very dark history.  The female lead has a curse of having her hair grow out and not being able to cut except for coincidentally the male leads cursed tool.  The story goes on from there.

Date A Live 6
I can describe Date A Live as the generic anime that airs every season.  Enough said though, it just so happens that I guiltily enjoy those generic ones.  The story is of a diety from another world that invades earth.  Being that she is an unknown species, and for the fact that she causes quakes(space quakes as they're referred to)  to occur wherever she lands, there are special forces at play to try to stop her.  The male lead plays the role of being forced into getting into relationships with these dietys to "peacefully" "tame" them.  Kinda like Kami nomi zo shiru sekai(world god only knows).  Pretty funny so far.  Typical multi love interest anime.

Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince 5
I've actually just picked this anime up recently as I scouring through the various ones that were airing this season.  It's actually not too bad! I find myself watching this till the end.  There seems to be a lot of space/mech this season.  This anime is a where specialized teens are trained for future military mech combat. They have had their memories erased prior to the acceptance to the academy.  The main group is the lowest ranking group with only outstanding marks in the survival category thus being chosen to try out the new technology that relies on that the most.(edit:they are low rank because of their lack of teamwork based skills)

Hataraku Maou-sama! 8
I'm not going to lie, the moment I started watching this, I believed it to be a pretty serious anime.  It soon became the comedy of choice for this season!  I look forward to watching this every week as the comedy is so uncalled for should I say?  Basically there is conflict between the Demons and the Humans as there is an ongoing war as the Demons continue to terrorize the land.  The Demon Lord and the Hero the male and female lead respectively are sworn enemies that find themselves stripped of their powers on Earth.  They begin to live their lives as normal humans and learn to adapt with their surroundings.  How would a demon lord who has murdered and terrorized people for years adapt?  How will the Hero react to the Demon Lords new ways?  This is  a for sure watch for me!

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. 6
Yet another generic romance comedy anime.  Don't get me wrong though!  I really enjoy rom com shown with my higher mediocre rating.  Have you ever found something about yourself that you wish you didn't have like?  Like a bad habit or just your personality.  In this anime the characters are able to pray/wish away something they would like the get rid of for themselves.  The trait is then given to someone who needs it instead.  Some quick realizations show that they don't really want to let go of the trait anymore and so this anime has them wanting to get their traits back.  Typical love comedy action going on here throughout.  Will be a decent watch!

Ore no Imouto Ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. 8
As you can see I'm really more into the love comedy shows instead of the more action oriented shows.  It doesn't mean that I don't like them! My favorite animes are Shinsekai Yori and Steins;Gate which are not really deeply love comedy.  Well if you are not familiar with this series, it is about an older brother who has a younger sister who is perfect in every aspect!  That is until he finds out that she is an otaku fanatic!  She reads plays eroges day in and day out yet manages to keep her dignified model self while in public.  The male lead gets into a series of adventures to help his sister retain her secret and embrace her otaku self with supposed life lessons that actually seem to be an excuse to hang out with him.  It seems that she only superficially hates him.  The comedy is great in this series!  this is the second season by the way, go watch the first one first!

Photokano 5
I'm actually debating on dropping this anime.  Again this is just from my perspective so this shouldn't swindle your thoughts.  Although it is another love comedy sort of deal, the story is getting to bore me as the episodes go on.  I'm not really hooked on this one.  I may end up just watching it with all the time I have in the world, but it's not too high of a priority.  The story is where the male lead decides to pursue photography.  He is given the choice to join a club that takes shameless perverted shots of the girls all around campus or the more refined club featuring all female photographers that seem to be more of the official club.  He decides with the first only because of pressure, although frowned upon by the girls, he wants to prove that he can take shots that are not so perverted.  The essence of taking good photography in all.

Shingeki no kyojin 7
It's come to my attention that this anime is highly anticipated! I actually thought that it had started out with the male lead(his name kinda sounds like my real name :D) being way to weak for the role.  Time passes though and I can see why it's such a great anime.  The story line is where human civilization lies within very large tall walls of villages scattered throughout the land.  This is because their are giants that roam the plains almost as if we were caged birds as stated in the anime.  They pose a great threat to humanity and so the male lead wants to take slaughter them all because of some things that happen in the first episodes that I do not want to spoil.  He seeks this as his ultimate goal and builds to become a great soldier.  This is no easy task though as I said before he is not the strongest choice for a male lead, but his strong determination puts him up there with them.  Will definitely watched.

Suisei no Gargantia 9
The instant a I watched this anime I knew I would love it right away.  This was an instant hook for me. It's again mech/space related.  This time though a trained soldier around 17 years old is unable to return to his base after a group failed attempt on annihilating  the enemy.  He finds himself on earth unable to speak its language at all.  In the place where he exists uncompressed air tight environments existed and so Earth catches him by surprise   Along with his overpowered mech, he learns to adapt to the ways of the floaters as I call them as the people of earth are now living on floating boats because it is mostly all water.  Highly recommended to watch from myself.  Too bad its only 12 episodes from what I can see.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S 8
I am a huge fan of Misaka Mikoto so no matter where the anime may take me, I will love it through and through.  If you liked the first season, you most likely will like this second one that is airing.  My first impressions is that I wish that is was more of newer content instead of focusing on the sister arc that can be seen throughout index and railgun.  It'll be interesting on learning about it more though.  This impression will be difficult to understand as I can't really recommend this unless you like the anime.  you might want to try it out for yourself?

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru 7
This anime is giving me the same vibe as Oreimo and a little Boku wa Tomodachi in a sense.  I really enjoyed those animes so I have a feeling I'll like this as well.  It is again a typical romcom anime, but these have to start somewhere right?  I especially liek this series because the male lead seriously is one of a kind.  He isn't really bothered by how he is and prefers being alone.  Well at least he says he preferes being alone.  I mean we might say we prefer being by ourselves but what do we imply? This will be one of my favorites for the season as well.


Well there you have it my impressions on the anime for this Spring 2013 season. Well at least the ones that i've actually gotten too so far.  Thank you for your time, and lets have an amazing season!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment